The Next Step: Now What?
Just like a new baby needs to be cared for and nurtured in order to grow physically, the child of God needs to be nurtured in order to grow spiritually. Here’s how you can begin growing in Christ:
- Tell someone:Tell a pastor or Christian friend who will help you grow and find your gifts of service.It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.
Ephesians 4:11, 12
- Be baptized:This is your first act of obedience.So He ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Join the church:The church is where God’s family encourages and supports one another.How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
- Pray and read your Bible daily:God communicates His will for your life through His Word and prayer.Your word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- Seek a Godly mentor:A mentor teaches you the ways of God and how to live a holy life.In the same way, teach the older women to lead a holy life. They must not tell lies about others. They must not let wine control them. Instead, they must teach what is good.
For daily encouragement in your walk, sign up for our free Overcomers Online Daily Devotionals.